Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leah's New Blankie



Leah got a new blankie today. I thought this story was so sweet...so, of course, I had to share.

I was canceled from work yesterday and Leah was all ready scheduled to go to daycare, so I thought I would let her go to for a few hours to play with her friends and that would give me time to get a few things accomplished without Leah hanging off me like a koala bear. I finished my chores and decided to make a special present for my girl. I was going to attempt to sew her a new blanket. Even though she doesn't prefer one specific blanket, she always goes to sleep with one to snuggle with. And the ones that she has were from when she was a newborn, so they are kind of small for her now. Time for something new.

After a couple hours of struggling with my sewing machine, I was able to make the blanket and I think it turned out pretty well. I put it in the washer and headed to daycare to pick up Sassy. When we got home, I dried her blanket and when I pulled it out of the dryer this is what I told her..."Leah! Mommy made this special just for you. It's a new blankie for you to snuggle and sleep with." She took it out of my hand and brought it to her princess couch. I was pleased that she humored me for a few minutes by snuggling with this new blanket. But this is where it gets cute...Leah has been carrying that blanket around with her everywhere she goes since I gave it to her. I know it seems silly, but I am so, so happy that she likes it so much. I put her to bed with it and she slept great. I had to work today, but Jed said that when she woke up this morning she was in a great mood, and she continued to carry that blanket around with her again today. It was like she really understood that I made something special, just for her, and she really loved it. How sweet is that? Doesn't that just make you want to squeeze her? I just love that kid :)

1 comment:

{love, mj.} said...

how cute is that! way to go with the sewing! i am SO proud of you! too bad i can't craft with you.... :(