Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ode to Laundry

A ritual that is never-ending, constant, eternal,
It drives me crazy, like listening to a twit infernal.
There are stinky socks, sweaty shirts, and the stains,
It just keeps coming, so I want to blow out my brains.

As soon as I get a load clean and folded,
More clothes pile up and I'm overloaded.
Sometimes I let them sit for a day or two,
They seem to breed and take over...boo hoo!

I've tried just buying more clothes,
A solution perhaps...heaven knows!
Then I tripped over a mound of NEW dirty laundry,
My head ached, I started to scream..."what a quandary!"

Then there are the clothes strew about,
By people in this house with no manners, no doubt!
Underwear is stuffed under beds,
Or crammed into corners...what's in their heads?

I feel like telling everyone, "just go nude!"
"There are no clean clothes, like totally dude!"
I'm done washing, folding, and putting away,
Laundry yesterday, tomorrow, and today.

I'm sipping champagne in my robe,
For your socks you'll just have to scour the globe.
If you're looking for clean clothes my dear,
You won't find any, no, not here.



I don't know about anyone else. But, I hate doing laundry. No, I take that back. Doing the laundry really isn't a big deal...it's the folding and putting away that totally sucks! It never fails, as soon as I manage to fold and put away the last article of clothing, the basket is full again. Obviously, today is laundry day.

No comments: