Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cry It out: Day 2

So today was a little more of a challenge. Jed and I put Leah down for her afternoon nap at 12:15 pm. I left the room and went downstairs. I waited 5 minutes before I turned on the monitor to check on her. When I did, she was in full meltdown mode. This is not good. I went upstairs, gave her a passy and blanket and left. I turned the monitor off and waited ten minutes before I checked on her again. Still screaming! We went through this for an entire hour! At 1:15 pm I went in and picked her up. Not only was it now time to eat, but she had a poopy diaper. Oops! Poor kid. After I changed and fed her, she started rubbing her eyes and yawning. So we tried it again. It still took about 15 minutes, but she finally went to sleep and napped from 1:30 pm to 3:15 pm. Yay! Tonight Jed and I bathed her and put her down in her crib, awake, at 7:15 pm and I haven't heard a peep out of her since. I think it might be working :)

No comments: