Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

April 23rd



I remember going to the bug Easter Egg Hunts in the public parks as a kid, and from what I can remember I had a blast. So, I was asking one of my friends from work if there were any Easter Egg Hunts around town that we could take Leah to. After we talked, she had me convinced that the city egg hunts were crazy and dangerous for little kids. So instead, Stephanie thought we should do our own Easter Egg Hunt for all of our work friends and family.

So here are the pics of our "Friends & Family Easter Egg Hunt."



This is Leah's little buddy Kye. His Mommy and I work together. Leah and Kye go to daycare together and, actually, were born on the exact same day. Crazy huh!






Daddy and Leah playing in the tunnel...



Leah loves balloons. So she was determined to gather them all up and carry them around. And of course, she popped several of them.




The Easter Bunny even made an appearance...and Leah LOVED her! I thought she would have been totally freaked out. In fact, I didn't even try to take her to the mall because I figured she would just cling to me and cry, but she thought this bunny was AWESOME! And kept asking us to take her over to see her.





Olivia and the Easter Bunny



Let the hunt begin...





















Sitting with Papa, showing off all there eggs :)




Then after a nap and a trip to Wal-Mart, we colored Easter Eggs.







Leah was a little uninterested in the whole process, that's why she is looking in a different direction in most of the photos. She was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Jed says my expectations are too high...






Not only was Sassy distracted, but she was in a horrible mood, that whole day. We were doing all kinds of fun things with her and there weren't a whole lot of smiles, so this is Daddy trying to tickle some smiles out of this kid :)






And at this point she was just over the whole thing!



But tomorrow's always another day...and it was a good one :)

April 24th

While we were sleeping the Easter Bunny came to our house...




And he left tons of eggs and this cool basket for Sassy!



Each morning when Leah wake up we bring her into the living room and change her diaper. But this morning she noticed eggs hidden around the house, first thing, found her basket and was off to find each and everyone of them. There was no stopping her...








And it made my day when she actually noticed those bunny prints on the floor and was totally excited about them :)






And then she was on to her basket!












Leah loved everything in her Easter Basket. Especially the "cammies"...M&M's.





We needed to get some things done around the house prior to going out of town, so while Leah watched her new shows and played with her new toys. Jed cleaned the carpets and I cooked the mashed potatoes for Easter dinner at my parents house. After nap we headed over to Hurricane to eat. Leah looked as cute as could be in her Easter dress, from Grandma Cindy. And she looked like a little rockstar sporting her new glasses...LOL.








Having Sassy around makes everything me do more fun and memorable! I just love her :)

No comments: