Monday, February 11, 2013

Ethan is 18 Months Old



Hard to believe it, but my sweet little bug is 18 months old! But it's true! He's turned into such a big boy. His personality has really come out...he's a totally trickster, a cuddle bug and has a big boy temper. It's gonna be fun seeing him grow up. Here are some fun facts about Ethan and a little comparison to big sister Leah at this same age.

Weight: 20.5 lbs (he's still a little bug :)

Height: Unknown...no doctors appointment. But he seems to be getting taller.

Clothes: Ethan is still wearing the same clothes has he was two months ago, most of them just fit a little better. He is wearing a 12-18 months in both pants and shirts. And he can still squeeze into his 12 month jammies, his toes are very squished :)

Food: Thank the Lord! Ethan loves food. He will eat pretty much anything that you put in front of him. But he refuses to be fed, he insists on feeding himself. And he insists on using a metal fork, just like everyone else. He is actually getting pretty good at getting food into his mouth, but it takes a lot longer and he doesn't have a whole lot of patience. We pretty much just roll up his sleeves and let him go at it. His breakfast varies from day to day but most days he eats French Toast with powdered sugar and syrup. For lunch he likes the usual kid stuff, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, fries, spaghetti-os, and Ramon noodles. Ethan totally loves fruit, anytime we have some in the house, I give him some, but I have to be careful because usually once I give him the fruit, he wont eat anything else. His very favoritte is pineapple, and he doesn't seem to care for cantelope. Snacks are usually something simple like granola bars, goldfish, fruit buddies, popcorn and yogurt. For dinner he'll eat whatever the rest of us are having, we just make it as small and self feeding as possible. This kid loves dessert, big surprise there...some of his favorites are cookies, cupcakes and suckers. I hope he continues to be such a good eater :)
Sleep: Ethan's sleep schedule is totally unpredictable. I'm not even sure what to say here because it varies from day to day. His schedule roughly consists of waking sometime between 6:00 am and 9:00 am. He is down to only one nap a day (Boo!), if he wakes up early and I try to put him down for an early nap thinking that he'll take another one later, I'm sadly mistaken. Most days during the week I keep him up until Leah goes to preschool around 12:30 pm, then put him down. Some days he sleeps for 3 hours, some days 45 minutes. Then he gets into jammies and goes to bed sometime between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Most of the time he goes down without a fight, but sometimes he gives us a run for our money. And whether or not he sleeps through the night...well, that varies as well. One thing is for sure, he has to have his passy and his Tigger blankie to go to sleep.

Talk: Ethan talks non stop all day long, he's at that phase in life where he is constantly trying to tell you what he needs or wants and gets very frustrated when you cant understand him. But is vocabulary is growing. Some things he says well are: Momma, Dada, Yay-ya (Leah), Papa, Ba (passy), Nigh-Nigh (blankie), sucker, cupcake, cookie, wa-wa (water), bye bye...My personal favorite now is when he puts anything on his head, his blanie, a plate, whatever and says "I ghos, I ghos!" He's trying to say, "I'm a ghost!" "I'm a ghost!" Its hilarious!

Likes: Momma, Daddy, and Sissy, of course :)

Ethan, Momma & Sissy



Leah and Ethan



Ethan is loving playing outside. We try to take advantage and take him outside whenever it isn't raining. It might not always be warm, but he really enjoys it.

Playing in the driveway...


Outside snack with Leah...



He loves playing Poppy's guitar...


But his all time, very favorite thing to do in the whole wide world is...

VACUUM!


This kid cracks me up!

Dislikes: Having his diaper changed, having Sissy use his blankie, and in general anytime you tell him he can't do, whatever it is he wants to do! He's got spunk that's for sure :)

Leah - 18 Months




Ethan - 18 Months

 

 
 
Two very different, but totally awesome kiddos. I can't believe I call them mine!

No comments: