Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ethan is Two Months Old



Baby Ethan is two months old today. I just can't believe how fast time is going by. Here are some fun facts about Ethan at 2 months old and a little comparison to his big sissy at this same age.

Ethan is still getting strictly breast milk for each of his feedings. He nurses first and then if he is still feeling hungry he takes a small bottle of breast milk that we've added some extra calories to. We are still using the shield during nursing, eventually I would like to get away from that, but it is working for us, for now. He eats anywhere between every 3-4 hours. Pretty much around the clock. I really wish we could get on a better schedule. I just don't know how to do it, and again. I blame this on his extended stay in the NICU. Hopefully this will start to get better.
Ethan is currently wear size newborn clothing and size newborn diapers.
Sleep...I don't' even know what to say. We have good nights and bad. I don't know what the actual definition of colic is, but I would say he has it. He will be sleeping soundly and then wake suddenly with a blood curtailing scream that can only mean he is in pain. It's awful. And we've also added more misery to his suffering by having him circumcised :( Poor little man. He's just had a rough go of it these past couple days. Ethan does sleep a lot during the day, which is great because I am able to accomplish so much during that time. But at night he wakes a lot to eat and then it is tough getting him to settle down after he's finished eating.

Things Ethan loves Mom, Dad, and Sissy...obviously. He is happiest when he is being held, so he definetly loves to snuggle and be nursed. He loves to sit in his bouncy seat and his swing. We are trying to work on tummy time, which he likes for a few short minutes and then he starts to hate it. He also likes riding in the car and in his Moby wrap, and being wrapped up in his halo sleep sack,
Things Ethan doesn't like include getting his diaper changed - and who can blame him after being circumcised, waiting for food - he is very impatient, when he was to eat, he wants to eat immediately, and getting dressed.

Ethan



Weight: 7 pounds 14 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches


Leah



Weight: 8 pounds
Length: 21 inches

2 comments:

{little birdie boutique} said...

He is absolutely gorgeous Kendra, but I'm sure you know that! ;)

Nikki and Tipper said...

I can't believe how big his gotten! He has totally lost the premie look and now has the newborn look!! He looks so so cute in his picture!! I need to snuggle him again!! Ps I used the shield for 4 months. I just would start slipping it out mid feed. Eventually she didn't need it!