Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Littlest Mermaid

Ever since I found out I was having a little girl, I dreamed of putting her in dance class. The week she turned 2 years old, she started her first class as a Twinkle Star at the Stars dance studio here in town. Over the past several months, the Twinkle Stars have been practicing a dance to perform for the year end recital. Each week the girls would practice there "Mermaid Dance," to Under The Sea from the Little Mermaid.

Today was the day of the recital. The morning started out with a dress rehearsal. Leah loved wearing her costume. My biggest fear about the recital was that she would be scared. I thought the loud noises from the audience, the dark, the loud music and just being away from me, would scare her. I was looking forward to the dress rehearsal just to see how things might go later that night. As it turns out, I was wrong. The second we walked into the auditorium, she was dying to get up on that stage. There were quite a few tears because it wasn't her turn. When it was her turn, she got up on stage and was so excited and tried so hard, it was awesome! I was so proud of her that I cried! Seriously! Who does that?!

When it was time for the actual recital, Leah was thrilled. She was so excited to have everyone come to see her dance. And we all loved every second of it. And honestly I was having so much fun watching, I didn't even take any pictures. I just sat there, with tears in my eyes, beaming with pride, and laughing my butt off. Luckily Jeni video taped the whole thing. It is something that I will be able to watch years and years down the road and laugh. My Sassy was the sweetest little mermaid and I am so proud of her for all of her hard work :)

These are the only pics that I took...





2 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

She was the star of the show for sure ;) She was so cute and little up there on that stage. I would have been bawling too! It is special times like that where being a mom is the best thing ever. I used to dance for the SLC Stars back in the day. They are an awesome dance company to be apart of...

the vintage lemon said...

I saw the video on your facebook, it was ADORABLE! she was SOOO cute! i miss you guys!