
This is Leah right before her first class :)
And of course, when we got there, it was just the opposite. All of the other girls were all dressed up in their matching leotards and tutus. So then I felt bad because she was so underdressed. Even though she had no idea. Luckily the dance studio sold dance wear, so I got her a leotard, tights and these:

How freakin' cute are these ballet shoes!?!
And by the time it was all said and done she looked like this...

Adorable! Look at those little legs!
And while I was registering her for the class and buying her new outfit, Leah ran off with the other girls into the studio. My biggest concern was that she would want me to do everything with her and would get upset when I left the room. But she didn't even notice I wasn't there with her. So when it was time for the class to start Leah went off with Miss Julie with no problems. The studio has windows that allow parents to watch the class, which was so fun. Leah did better than I expected for her first class. Sometimes she would following along and try to do the moves, sometimes she just stood there and watched, and once she cried and asked Miss Julie to hold her. It was adorable. Then when the class was over Miss Julie carried her out to me and when I tried to take from Miss Julie she totally clung to her and refused to come to me. Miss Julie had to get her dressed and put her shoes on for me, because she wouldn't let her put her down. I had to take her out of there crying because she wanted to stay. I would call that a success. Then later that day we had to go pick Daddy up from work and when I got into her seat she said "Dee! Dee!" She wanted to go back to dance class :)
Don't worry, Leah got some new dance clothes for her birthday, so from here on out, she'll be the best dressed kid in her class :)

3 comments:
THAT is cute!! Can't wait to subject Ava to all of this girlness!
So so cute and fun! I can't wait till Lexi can go to dance class.
haha LOVE those shoes!
Post a Comment