Saturday, February 1, 2014
Leah's Special Day
One of the things Leah really struggles with is sleeping alone. Every night she starts off in her own bed and every morning we find her in her princess sleeping bag next to our bed. So, I decided we were gonna work on it. I am all about the bribe and so is Leah, so clearly this seemed like my best course of action. Our first stop was the dollar store. Leah got to fill a whole bag with any prizes that she wanted. I let her pick out ten things. And I told her that every morning that she woke up still in her own bed, she could pick one of her prizes she had chosen. And when the bag was empty that meant she had slept in her own bed for ten days in a row, which earned her a special Mommy Daughter Date! The first night went pretty much as I expected, she was anxious about going to bed, knowing that she had to stay there all night in order to get her prize. She showed up at the side of my bed around 3:00 am. I reminded her that she was working really hard to earn her prize in the morning and she wouldn't want to ruin it by sleeping on my floor, and she reluctantly went back to sleep in her bed. But she did it! The rest of the week went about the same. And even on a few of those nights, she made it all the way through without waking up at all. She was so proud of herself for earning her special date! We had a really great day! We started our day by going to lunch at Red Robin. Yum! Then we went to see Frozen, the sing along. We had a blast! Leah was belting out each of the songs word for word at the top of her lungs. And I was right there beside her singing away! After that, we went to get pedicures.
We had few minutes to wait before it was our turn, so we walked over to Target for a little ice cream.
Then after out toes were fancy we headed home. We had so much fun spending the day together. It is so rare to have quality one on one time with her. I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope she did too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment