I bought Leah a special present for after her surgery to make her feel better, but while I was registering her, she got into my purse and found it. It turned out to be a good thing because the pre-op part was the worst part, it seemed like we were waiting for ever.
I took a few pics of this sweet girl in her ginormous hospital gown with her new Ariel Barbie...
After we met with the anesthesiologist, a nurse came in and gave her some medicine called Versaid to help her relax, she took it with a little encouragement and it wasn't long before she was having a hard time holding her head up. Then the nurse came in and carried her off to surgery. The surgery was fairly quick, just long enough for me to walk down to the cafeteria for a drink and back. And it went off without a hitch. Dr. Chase did a great job. When the surgery was over and she was in the recovery room, we were able to go back and see her. She was very upset, but all she needed was me. Once she was in my arms, she settled right down. It took her a few restless minutes to get comfortable, but then she was able to drink some juice and fell asleep. And within 15 minutes the nurses were pulling her IV and sending us out the door. Leah slept the whole way home. Once we got home, I carried her inside and set her next to me on the counter, so I could grab her some Ibuprofen and she vomited all over me! That was unexpected. But then we got changed and laid down in her bed and both of us slept for the next 2 hours. The next thing I remember was Leah shaking me and telling me it's "wake up time." And she was off and running, ready to watch a show...like this!
What a crazy girl. I was very diligent about medicating her with her Lortab every 4 hours and Ibuprofen every 6. I even set my alarm in the middle of the night and woke her up to give them to her. And honestly I think that made all the difference. I am so proud of my Sassy for being so brave and undergoing her second surgery, the first being her ear tubes and adenoids. What a strong little girl you are :)

No comments:
Post a Comment