Friday, May 11, 2012
Ethan is 9 Months Old
Seriously! This can't possibly be true! My little bug is 9 months old! I have no idea where the time has gone. Ethan is the best baby. He is so freakin sweet, I cant even stand it! And he is a total Mommas boy! How did I get so lucky! I have the most amazing kids in the whole wide world! They are totally awesome! Here are a few fun facts about Ethan at nine months and a little comparison to Leah at this same age.
Weight To be announced...Dr. Appointment on June 1st
Height See above
Diapers Ethan is still wearing a size 3 in diapers and they fit him pretty good.
Clothes - It seems like Ethan is kind of in between sizes in clothes right now. He can wear both 3-6 months clothes and 6-9 months clothes. The 3-6 months are a little on the smaller size and the 6-9 months are a little large. And honestly I haven't bought him any clothes recently, I seem to have quite a few hand me downs in these sizes.
Feedings - Well, Im a little worried that Ethan doesn't quite have the same plan for nursing that I do. It seems as though he might be starting to wean himself. Kind of makes me sad. He nurses great in the middle of the night, perfect actually, but during the day is a different story. He is VERY distracted. He is constantly off and on the breast, and trying to look around and of course keep an eye on what Sissy is doing. I have a pretty large supply of milk, so even when I do give him a bottle, I haven't had to give Ethan any formula. Truthfully Ive been able to breast feed much longer than I ever anticipated, especially with all the problems I had with Leah. So, if I had to give it up now, I would consider it a success, but since I've made it this far, I'm really hoping to get to the one year mark. What an accomplishment that would be! When Ethan takes a bottle it is usually about 5 ounces and about every 3-4 hours. And he is still eating solids about twice a day. We usually do a fruit in the morning and a vegetable in the afternoon.
Ethan has mastered holding own bottle...
Sleep I don't even know what to say. Ethan is still waking up about twice a night to nurse, I know he shouldn't, but since this is the only time he actually nurses really well these days, I'm really not in a rush to give it up. Our biggest problem is that Ethan is not a great napper. I'm not really sure how to change this. He just takes these little cat naps. And it seems like he needs to sleep longer than he does. Maybe this will start to improve soon. I'm trying to work on it. On a positive note, Ethan doesn't need to be rocked to sleep anymore. We can put him in his crib awake and he will eventually fall asleep on his own. He usually "complains" for a little while before he gives in and goes to sleep, but he eventually does it on his own. He still sleeps with his passy and his Tigger blanket. But he is using his passy less and less. It seems like he might follow in Leahs footsteps and give it up on his own at some point. When he finally goes to sleep he rolls over on his side with his arms wrapped around his blankie and his face buried in it.
This isn't exactly an accurate picture of how Ethan sleeps, but pretty close. His Tigger blankie was being washed so this yellow froggie blankie is the stand in when Tigger isn't available. And Ethan is usually turned into his blankie with his face buried and his legs wrapped around it.
Likes Momma, Daddy, and Sissy...of course. He loves taking a bath and swimming. He is totally a water baby! He puts anything and everything in his mouth. I'm assuming a tooth is coming soon, but he's been chewing on everything for months now, and nothing yet. He really likes to sit up and play with his toys now. Ethan is a big boy now and rides in the shopping cart without his car seat, which he thinks is pretty cool.
This picture probably deserves a little explanation...I was trying to make a quick run to Wal-mart to buy a little plastic pool for the kids. Just a quick trip, in and out for just the one item. So I grabbed Ethan our of the car seat to put him in the cart and I could feel that he was all wet down his back. The kid still spits up like crazy, so I didn't think to much of it, until I noticed that he was leaking poop all the way up his back. It was clear up to his arm pits. I had to strip him down in the car, wipe him off with wet wipes, and take him into the store white trash style, in only his diaper, because I didn't have any extra clothes. So this was the picture I took after that experience, the look on his face is saying "Really Mom! Your gonna take me shopping in this!" It's pretty funny :)
This is the pool that we went to Walmart for in the first lace. He loved sitting on the side and slashing around.
We took Ethan swimming for the very first time and he LOVED it!
Dislikes There really isnt too much that this kid doesn't like. He is always just so happy. But for some strange reason, he isn't a big fan of Papa. I'm not really sure why, but Papa makes him frown every time he holds him...
Leah 9 Months Old
16 pounds 14 ounces
Ethan 9 Months Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment