Holy Moly! Ethan is 5 months old! I can't even believe it. He is the happiest baby I have ever seen. He is always smiling. I just love him to pieces. Here are a few fun facts about Ethan and a little comparison to Miss Leah at this same age.
Weight: What a little chunk this guy is turning out to be. Ethan now weighs 13 pounds 2 ounces. Which puts him in the 3rd percentile.
Height: Also in the 3rd percentile.
Clothes : He is now wearing a size 3-6 months in clothes. Some of them are a little large, but anything smaller, just doesn't fit.
Diapers: Ethan is currently wearing a size 2 in diapers, but I am thinking he needs to move up a size because every time he poops his pants, he has a blow out, out the back end.
Feedings: Feedings are going really well. He is still strictly receiving breast milk...Yay! And he seems to have out grown his tummy troubles. He is pooping almost every day now. We haven't even had to give him juice or gas drops. It's a huge improvement. And makes for a much happier baby. Of course he is bottle fed on the days that I work and he takes approximately 4 ounces at each feeding. This kids loves to eat :)
Sleep: We are still working out the kinks in his sleep schedule. Right now Egthan needs to be rocked to sleep with his passy and his Tigger blankie by his face. He You can tell he's ready for a nap because he gets really fussy and starts rubbing his eyes. Our biggest problem is that we rock and rock and rock until he falls asleep and then we lay him in his crib, and he wakes right up and then we have to start all over again. Sometimes, at night, this process can go on for hours, which is totally frustrating for him and us. He is on a little bit of a schedule, each day he wakes up about 7:30 and then goes down for a short nap around 9. Wakes up again at about 10. Goes back down around 12-12:30 and this is where he takes his long nap, for a couple of hours. Then he's up until about 4:30 or 5 and then takes another little cat nap at dinner time. We really need to get him down for the night around 7 or 8, but it seems like he goes down at that time and then wakes up to eat again and sometimes is up for another couple of hours. It can be really exhausting. I know it's time for him to cry it out, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I tried a couple of times and ultimetly gave in because I am a wuss. I remember doing it with Leah and we were all much happier after, but he still seems so little. On a positive note, Ethan is sleeping in his crib in his own room each night. So that's good.
Likes: Mommy, Daddy and Sissy (of course). Ethan thinks that Leah is the coolest thing ever! he just laughs at her all the time. He has the biggest grin on her face when she talks to him and she loves to perform for him. He thinks it is hilarious to get him dressed or change his clothes. He also loves chewing on his hands, his passy, his Tigger blankie, talking, being talked to, his bouncy seat, and car rides. I'm sure there are things I'm forgeting, because this is seriously the happiest baby in the world.
Dislikes: There aren't a whole lot of things this kid doesn't like. He hates having his finger nails clipped, but that's mostly because he has to take his hands out of his mouth for me to do it. And he is very impatient when it is time to eat.
Ethan
13 pounds 2 ounces
24 inches long
Leah
13 pounds 7 ounces
25.75 inches long

No comments:
Post a Comment