Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ethan is 4 Months Old



Times goes by way to fast when you're havin' fun...my little Ethan is four months old today. Here are a few fun facts about Ethan right now, and a little comparison to his Sissy at this same age :)

Weight: It's hard to believe that this little Chubba Bubba was once only 3 pounds 10 ounces because he now weighs 11 pounds. After four months he has managed to gain 7 pounds 6 ounces. He's awesome! Now keep in mind that this only only a rough estimate, could be more, could be less. We didn't have a doctors appointment this month, so I calculated his weight by holding him and standing on the scale, then weighing myself alone and subtracting the difference. Not exact, but at least we know where we stand.

Height: Unknown :)

Clothes: Ethan has completely outgrown his newborn clothes and is now wearing 0-3 months and its seems like it wont be long before he outgrows that size as well. He seems to outgrow clothes in length, not necessarily weight. I think he's gonna be tall.

Diapers: Ethan is currently wearing a size one in diapers.

Feeding: Ethan is still strictly receiving breast milk...yay! No formula here, which is just how I wanted it. He is nursing well, approximately every 2.5 to 3 hours. And he is managing to go a longer stretch at night, which is awesome! Lately he seems to be kind of a snacker. Through the advice of a friend (and my personal lactation consultant:) I tried making some changes to my diet to see if that would help with Ethan's tummy troubles. However, I was only seeing a minor improvement, not a really drastic change, so at his last doctors appointment we talked about it and determined, that those diet changes weren't really going to benefit Ethan based off of what I was telling him. So now I am back to eating dairy again. Yay for me! And the doctor suggested we try giving Ethan one ounce of juice each day to increase the frequency of his bowel movements, to see if that might help him to be more comfortable. He is now pooping more, he was going every 7-10 days and now goes about every 4-5. So it's an improvement. And we are giving him gas drops with every feeding and if we are diligent about that, he seems more comfortable, if we slack off or start to forget he seems fussier :( So for now we'll keep giving this a try and see how it goes.

Sleep: I am excited to finally report that our sleep situation is getting a little better. Ethan is on a nice little schedule. He goes to sleep at about 8 each night and usually sleeps until about 2:30 am or 3 am. It's really awesome! Then he is back on his scheudule of eating every 3 hours. So he sleeps from about 3am to 6am, then eats and is awake until about 8:30 or 9 am. Eats then naps for approximately an hour. Then he's awake until about noon, eats and goes down for his longest nap of the day for about 3-4 hours. Then he wakes up around 3 or 4 eats, and is awake until about 5. Then he takes a 45 minute cat nap, and is then awake until his 8pm bedtime :) I'm pretty pleased about that. And to top it all off, he is sleeping in his bassinet, all by himself. The only downside is I either have to rock him or nurse him to sleep, but we'll work on that. And the secret ingredient is giving him his Tigger blankie to wrap his arms around and his passy.

Likes: Momma, Daddy and Sissy...of course, nursing, being held, laying on his back on the floor, sitting upright in your lap - so he can see everything, ceiling fans, ceiling lights, his passy, his Tigger blankie, bath time, sucking on his fists and car rides .








Dislikes: Poopy pants, gas, getting dressed, having his nails clipped, waiting to eat and having spit-up come out his nose - sadly that has happened a few times now and he gets seriously pissed off!.

Ethan is getting be so much fun. He is starting to talk and smile a lot more and we even get a little chuckle out of him every once in a while. He really is a good baby. Super sweet and smiley. I am so in love with him. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful, happy, HEALTHY baby.

Ethan
11 Pounds



Leah
11 Pounds 4 Ounces
24 Inches Long
8th Percentile

2 comments:

Beautiful Warrior said...

He's growing so fast! Enjoy your sweet babies this Christmas.

Nikki and Tipper said...

I still thinks he looks like you!!! So big!