Friday, November 11, 2011

Ethan is 3 Months Old



My sweet baby boy is 3 months old today. He is getting so big. Here are some fun facts about Ethan at 3 months and a little comparison to Leah at this same age :)

I was hoping with age Ethan's tummy troubles would start to go away, but they haven't. So, we are making a few changes that will hopefully help. For starters, we stopped giving Ethan the Neosure. Before we were adding Neosure to some breast milk and supplementing him after he nursed. But we are now trying to have him only breastfeed. And I am trying to change my diet. I am eliminating diary and chocolate from my diet, to see if that helps too. We just started a couple of days ago and I think I see a small improvement. However, the diet changes are hard and sometimes I cheat without even realizing it, until after the fact. But I am really trying. I hate seeing him uncomfortable. He nurses about every 3-4 hours and sometimes at night he will go 5-6 hours, but that is rare.
Ethan is wearing a size newborn in his clothes, but they are beginning to get tight. And a size one in diapers.
Our nighttime routine in improving. Jed and I have worked out, what I feel, is a good system, so that I am able to get some uninterrupted sleep. I nurse Ethan at the end of the night around 8 or 9 and then go to bed shortly after and he bottle feeds him breast milk for the next feeding, because he's usually still awake at that time. Then I wake up to do the feeding at 3 or 4. It seems to be working. I will be happy when he is able to go longer periods at night. It seems as though Ethan had his days and nights a little confused, but that is improving too.
Things Ethan likes include Mommy, Daddy and Sissy...of course, being held, snuggling, being nursed, sitting upright on your lap so he can see everything, and laying on the floor on his back, his doggie passy, his swing, and car rides.
Things Ethan doesn't like include having his diaper changed and getting dressed, gas, and shots.

Ethan

9 Pounds 10 ounces




Leah

9 Pounds 14 ounces

1 comment:

{little birdie boutique} said...

WOW! I can't believe he is 9 pounds 10 ounces! He's grown so much. Such a cutie!