Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gingerbread House Decorating Contest

One of the things I love the most about the holidays is all of the family traditions. And I am always looking for new traditions to add to our holidays. So, my friend Nikki blogged about one of her annual Christmas traditions and I thought it was such a good idea, that I totally copied it. Thanks for the fun idea Nikki :)

So this was the first annual Salmi/Hanson Family Gingerbread House Decorating Contest. It was so much fun. I thought I was really going to have to work hard to get my family to cooperate. But they all played along and we had a great time.

Here are the teams:

Jeni & Olivia


Jeddy & Me


Dad & Brother


Let the games begin!






The finished products



Dad and Brother's House




Jeni & Olivia's House




Jeddy & My House




These are the judges: Grandma Jeanine, Papa Karr & Lexy



Here are the results:

3rd Place


2nd Place



And the winner is...



Ta-Da!


We had a blast!

2 comments:

Nikki and Tipper said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had fun!

{love, mj.} said...

way to go! yours looks great! so fun!